Blogging is often a hobby or a passion that a lot of people have. But did you know that you could turn it into a business? This is exactly what today’s guest did! Since 2009, Emily Martin has curated the Lifestyle blog, The JetSetting Fashionista, where she writes about restaurants and wineries in the Bay Area and around the world, and interviews some of the industry’s most talented chefs and winemakers. This inspired Emily to further pursue her passion for food, wine, events and hospitality by founding Emily Martin Communications & Events. Her company offers event planning & execution–ranging from intimate cocktail parties, to team offsites, corporate dinners or events, formal galas, and Winemaker Dinners or Wine Club pickup parties.
- Emily tells us how she started The JetSetting Fashionista blog, taking her content from private to public as she turned her hobby into a real business.
- The importance of over-delivering when working with a brand or company in a partnership, so they appreciate your work and want to hire you again!
- How she manages to balance the world of blogging and the world of event planning, both her own businesses.
- The power of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Emily gives us some tips on using this marketing tool to bring more visibility to your business on the web!
- Emily explains the different types of wines and shares a few of her personal favorites.