Becoming an entrepreneur is a unique journey which is always different depending on the person. Today’s guest definitely has an inspiring story to tell! Lara Schmoisman is the CEO and founder of The Darl, a boutique marketing agency. She’s also a marketing coach and podcaster. Though nowadays she wears a lot of hats and has a thriving marketing business, life was not always so pretty for her. Everything that she has today is because of hard work and a determination to grow into the person she is today: an entrepreneur who absolutely loves what she does.
- Lara describes how she emigrated from Argentina to the United States and how she had to build up a new life all by herself.
- Although Lara worked a lot of years for the entertainment industry, at one point she realized she could not do that anymore and decided to switch gears: she started working for the online industry and she fell in love with it.
- Lara used to use her skills in online marketing and PR to help her closest friends, but then that evolved into getting a lot of referrals which started getting her business growing.
- After 7 months of working all by herself, she decided to hire her first assistant and now, two and a half years later, she has her own marketing agency called The Darl which is made up of more than 40 people all around the world.
- Strong logistics, a lot of teamwork, and a strong work culture is what makes any team function effectively.
- She talks about the importance of understanding that PR falls under the umbrella of marketing: they do not lie in completely different fields
- Lara explains some of the most common mistakes she sees in marketing and how to prevent them from happening.