Having a community that you trust and that is constantly pushing you up towards reaching your goals is a true blessing. Today’s guest, Carrie Murray is a community builder herself: Carrie is a speaker, podcast host, and the Founder of BRA (Business Relationship Alliance), a network of powerful female entrepreneurs devoted to advancing women-owned businesses by providing the community, collaboration, empowerment, and support needed to flourish as an entrepreneur.
- Carrie’s journey from being a public school teacher for 14 years, to taking a leap into entrepreneurship and trying to create her own school but not really succeeding
- Eventually, Carrie started to attend networking events to learn about marketing and branding, but she quickly realized that those were not going to work out: they were full of men and the tone was rather salesly
- Discovering a need in the market, Carrie decided to start hosting networking events for women at her own backyard and slowly but surely her community grew bigger and bigger
- Carrie decided then to invest all of her money and efforts into building the BRA Network: a place that could unify all women, and where they all had something in common
- Although BRA used to host a lot of in-person events, when the pandemic happened, Carrie managed to adapt her business perfectly to 100% online functionality.
- Carrie explains how she usually hosts online events with nonprofit organizations in order to fundraise towards a good cause
- Creating trades with brands or with people in general can be sometimes tricky, and Carrie gives out her best trips to manage then like a pro
- First person testimonials of your brand, product, or service are key to generate more engagement and empathy with your audience.
- The importance of following through after having great connections at networking events: if you promise to email someone, do so!
- Carrie explains how she is connected (in a hilarious way) to awesome people such as Leonardo DiCaprio and the Queen Elizabeth herself!
Sign up for The First Degree Membership! By becoming a member, we’re getting more intimate than ever! Get the Membership now!
Check our past episodes of The Sixth Degree podcast! Remember to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.