What is better than taking care of ourselves? Doing it in the company of other women! Our guest today is Cassidy Wendell, digital marketing strategist and founder of #GirlGetAfterIt, a wellness community for women that grew exponentially during the pandemic, where mental, physical, and emotional health are treated equally and considered part of the whole that makes up our wellbeing. Cassidy talks with us about how sweating and sharing activities brings women together. Also, how #GirlGetAfterIt donates part of the sales to many nonprofit organizations that support women so that the backing has a wider reach.
- Cassidy talks about how #GirlGetAfterIt started; how her father’s death contributed to her making a shift in her life and turning into a coach and personal trainer, and later the owner of her own marketing agency.
- #GirlGetAfterIt became her full time job as the pandemic allowed her to expand all around the world: her business turned into a digital platform. Cassidy saw the context was ideal for making this change.
- Cassidy tells the story of how she launched her merchandising as a co-brand with Lululemon after following up with the company, and how she sold all the merchandising in one weekend.
- Cassidy gives the audience tips and recommendations for making your business grow, such as asking for loans when the opportunity presents: having an extra income allows you to hire new employees and to invest money in your business.
- The guest talks about her wellness community, and the pillars that hold it together—movement and the sense of community.